How do I know the handing of my door and which hand to order?
Below is a visual representation on how to determine the handing of the door.
Stand outside the room that you are entering and if the hinges are on the left then it is a left handed door and if the hinges are on the right then is a right handed door.
What function do I need to order?
Below is a visual representation on how to determine the function.
- Single Cylinder Deadbolt - Deadbolt unlocked/locked with key on the outside and thumb turn on the inside.
- Double Cylinder - Deadbolt unlocked/locked with key on both the inside and outside. Cylinders are on interior and exterior.
- Patio Deadbolt - Deadbolt locked and unlocked from interior only. No access from the exterior.
- Hall/Closet (Passage) - Levers free on both sides - Normally used on hallway and closets
- Bed/Bath (Privacy) - Levers are locked/unlocked from inside by push button or thumb turn or outside by emergency key. Normally used on bathrooms and bedrooms.
- Keyed Entry - Levers are locked/unlocked from inside by push button or outside by key. Normally used on exterior doors.
- Full Dummy - Handleset and Levers on both sides of the door are stationary with no mechanism.
- Half Dummy - Single sided lever is stationary.
How do I know the backset of my locks?
Below is a visual representation of what to measure. Measure from edge of door to the middle of the lock and that is the backset.What keying options are available?
What door thickness will locks fit?
Most door hardware fits doors between 1-3/8" to 1-3/4" thick. If your door is thicker, please check our parts section for thick door kits or contact us for additional information.
When will my order ship?
Due to the pandemic, we may experience longer handling times. It may take us up to 24 hours to ship all items in stock. Also, due to the pandemic we may see shortages that are not reflected on the site, so please email us in advance for confirmation of stock.
What freight company do you use?
We use multiple ground shipping options based on your order. We primarily use Fedex, UPS, and USPS. If you need expedited shipping please contact us for a custom freight quote.
Where do you ship from?
We ship from multiple locations across the United States. So based on your location we will ship from the nearest location with the inventory you ordered.
What if you are out of stock on an item?
There may be occasions where we are out of stock and we ship items that are in stock and the ship once the balance arrives.
Why do you offer flat rate shipping?
Instead of offering shipping based on weight, size, etc we chose to offer shipping rates based on dollar amounts purchased. This will decrease the amount of shipping charged to you, the customer, as door hardware can be heavy and in some cases come in large packages.
What are the shipping rates?
The following items may be returned/exchanged within 30 days:
- Items must be in the original packaging.
- Items that have not been installed.
- Items that are defective will be exchanged.
- Incorrectly shipped products.